Monday, February 20, 2012

reduce device log sql server 6.5

Hello.
I have a problem with my sql server database. The following problem is device=B4s size.
I want to reduce log device size, now it=B4s 10 Gb but it only needs 4GB. How can I reduce it, please?
Thanks in advanced.Not easy. Here is what you need to do, briefly. If you don't feel comfortable with the steps, I
recommend that you skip the idea or get a 6.5 expert doing it:
DBCC SHRINKDB
Check the fragment allocation that this log fragment allocation is now smaller in size. Repeat
(backup log in between etc) until it is.
Now you have the problem that you have a device with a size where some part of the device is not
used. How do you shrink the device? No can do. You have to:
sp_help_revdatabase (so you know how to create the database at restore)
Backup the database
DROP DATABASE
Drop the relevant device(s)
Create the relevant device(s), with desired /needed size (see output from sp_help_revdatabase)
Create the database, based on output from sp_help_revdatabase
Restore the database
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at: http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver
"JCC" <jcca.integra@.dragados.com> wrote in message news:0c1b01c39e0c$938503b0$a101280a@.phx.gbl...
Hello.
I have a problem with my sql server database. The
following problem is device´s size.
I want to reduce log device size, now it´s 10 Gb but it
only needs 4GB. How can I reduce it, please?
Thanks in advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment