Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reducing log (ldf) file size

I thought that the size of the log file went down when you did a full
database backup. How can I reduce the size of my log file? Do I need to
back it up separately? Thanks.
DavidDBCC SHRINKFILE(databasename_log, 0)
This will reduce the log file size to 504 KB.
However, if you don't change your current recovery model and/or the behavior
of your apps, the log file is just going to grow again between backups. So
the above is only a temporary relief.
--
Please post DDL, sample data and desired results.
See http://www.aspfaq.com/5006 for info.
"David C" <dlchase@.lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message
news:uC#FtmiLFHA.1392@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I thought that the size of the log file went down when you did a full
> database backup. How can I reduce the size of my log file? Do I need to
> back it up separately? Thanks.
> David
>

No comments:

Post a Comment