Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Regarding Accessing on every objects within the sql 2005

Hi guys , can I know is that any way to set up some authentication for user access all the objects within the database after login successfully. For example, after access login into the database server and would like to click on certain database (eg : A) , then pop up the user access login page again. Thxcould you explain this a bit more, I did′n′t get your point from the explanation.

Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de|||

Sorry for the short explanation. Er... let me give a scenario. Once I open SQL management studio, there's a user login pop up window in order I able to access into my server. After login successfully,there are 3 database displays and stored in my servers ( Db A,B and C). When I want to click on the A database, then will pop up the user login window again for authorization. After that, if I want to choose a specific object (eg: Table 'Test') , then there's the use login window pop up again for authorization. At here, which means that authorization will show first before proceed any actions on any objects from the database in my server,.

So is there any possible to make such scenario? I'm just curious about it and would like to enhance my SQL security for my server and away from data thefting (For example, while away from the pc for a while and there's a staff come towards the pc for viewing and modifying the data). Thx for any assistance. Have a nice day.

From,

Hans

|||

Hi,

no SSMS does not have this functionality. once autenticated, permissions are checked upon access to the objects not prompting for any credentials again.

HTH, jens K. Suessmeyer.


http://www.sqlserver2005.de

|||

You should lock your console when away from your machine.

Thanks
Laurentiu

|||Thx for the advise. Seems like SQL 2005 doesn't have ' Always prompt for username and password login ' feature which in SQL 2000 then.|||

There was no such feature in SQL Server 2000. Maybe you are referring to a client feature, in which case you should post your inquiry on the Tools forum.

Thanks
Laurentiu

No comments:

Post a Comment