Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Regarding Bulk Copy During Transactional Replication

Hi ,

I got a problem in regarding Transactional Replication.

Let me explain my scenario.

I’m doing transactional replication between two databases.

When publisher and subscriber created the data going to be bulk copied from publisher table to subscriber table.

My main intension was to create replication between different tables with different fields in which I got succeeded.

But main problem is I want to stop this bulk copy from publisher to subscriber.

Scenario 1: my subscriber table may contain some previous data which will be replaced with publisher data due to bulk copy.

I don’t want this .I want to avoid this bulk copy and wants to create procedures(for insert, update and delete transactions) in subscriber which will take care of replication.

I achieved almost everything but not able to avoid this bulk copy during the creation of subscriber.

As I know the only way I can stop bulk copy is by creating subscription without subscription agent. But here without subscription agent the procedures(for insert, update and delete transactions)

won’t get created in subscriber.

Help me regarding the above scenario and I need it urgently.

in sp_addsubscription, look at paramter @.sync_type, you can specify 'replication support only' and 'initialize with backup'. That allows you to skip the bcp. You can find more information about the latter here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ms147834(SQL.90).aspx.

No comments:

Post a Comment