Friday, March 30, 2012

Regarding Bulk Copy in Transactional Replication..

Hi,
I got typical scenario in transacrtional replication. i want to avoid bulk
copy during replication.
Let me explain my scenario.
I’m doing transactional replication between two databases.
When publisher and subscriber created the data going to be bulk copied from
publisher table to subscriber table.
My main intension was to create replication between different tables with
different fields in which I got succeeded.
But main problem is I want to stop this bulk copy from publisher to
subscriber.
Scenario 1: my subscriber table may contain some previous data which will be
replaced with publisher data due to bulk copy.
I don’t want this .I want to avoid this bulk copy and wants to create
procedures(for insert, update and delete transactions) in subscriber which
will take care of replication.
I achieved almost everything but not able to avoid this bulk copy during
the creation of subscriber.
As I know the only way I can stop bulk copy is by creating subscription
without subscription agent. But here without subscription agent the
procedures(for insert, update and delete transactions)
won’t get created in subscriber.
Help me regarding the above scenario and I need it urgently.
Regards
Baji Prasad
I'm not entirely clear about your scenario, but it seems to me that you are
talking about nosync initialisations. Please have a look here and see if this
applies:
http://www.replicationanswers.com/NoSyncInitializations.asp
HTH,
Paul Ibison
|||hi paul..
im very thankfull for ur reply.
yes it helped me a lot atleast i got an idea how to avoid bulk copy.
again thanks man...
Regards
Baji Prasad
"Paul Ibison" wrote:

> I'm not entirely clear about your scenario, but it seems to me that you are
> talking about nosync initialisations. Please have a look here and see if this
> applies:
> http://www.replicationanswers.com/NoSyncInitializations.asp
> HTH,
> Paul Ibison
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment