Friday, March 30, 2012

Regarding DataMining in SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services

Hi to all

I have a complex scenario , so first I want to ask out the feasibility of it . I think its better if I state the scenario and some one on this forum reply to it , I need to build an application (e.g credit card application , Loan Application etc ) that requires some approval from expert , what I firstly want is that I apply datamining on this data so that next time when I enter the data the result (approval or reject ) should be given by datamining tool , this I gather is poosible by using Analysis Services in SQL 2005 , but I also want the bases of that decision ( I mean the rules/some thing else that the Datamining created agaisnt the data entered ) , So can any one do any help on this , you can also reach me at razi_rais@.yahoo.com . its preety much urgent so your prompt response is higly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Razi Bin Rais

Moving to DM forum

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

|||

Data Mining definately has the ability to do this. Since you are apparently new at data mining I would recommend the Data Mining with SQL Server 2005 book and also using the Data Mining Addins for Office 2007 to get started in learning and exploring the tools.

Instructions for getting the preview build of the addins as well as eval editions of Office and SQLServer are here: http://blogs.msdn.com/jamiemac/archive/2006/12/29/try-out-the-data-mining-addins-for-office-2007-free-for-60-days.aspx

|||

Hi Jamie

Thanks for your feedback , I will certainly look into resources you specify . For now can you please amplify on two points

1) Is DM in SQL Server 2005 provides any way to get the rules out of it , on basics of which it makes decision. I mean through object model , or plain xml ... anything?

2) Can you give me simple example of application (step wise / demograpic / architecutal ) like say credit card application or loan approval application that has very simple schema and only have accept or reject option apart from simple personal details of customer that will be predicted by DM (After entering some sampel data ) , and if possible the above point 1 for it .

Thanks again

Razi

|||

This link might be helpful: http://www.sql-server-performance.com/ec_data_mining.asp

It includes an high-level example of a credit approval application utilizing data mining...

Frank

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment